ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: publishing to the big maven2 repository
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:06:20 GMT

--- Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

> Xavier Hanin wrote:
> > On 3/5/07, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org>
> wrote:
>

> > No, at least nothing I'm aware of. The problem is
> that it's not really
> > possible to convert and ivy file to a pom, since
> there is no equivalent to
> > Ivy configurations in maven 2. If you really want
> to be compatible with
> > maven 2, maybe using a pom instead of an ivy.xml
> would be better. Ivy can
> > work with poms, even if it's still less tested
> than ivy.xml files. Then a
> > remaining problem will be publications, because
> Ivy internally converts
> > poms
> > to ivy files, and if you use Ivy to publish to a
> repository I think it will
> > actually publish an ivy file, and not a pom. I
> don't know if this would be
> > acceptable or not in your case.
>
> I dont like poms because they dont let me add extra
> classpaths for
> things that easily. I do need to extract the
> dependency tree for the
> official maven configurations "default, compile,
> runtime, ...".
>
> I think the information is in the metadata; its just
> a matter of getting
> it into the right shape.

Agreed; I also would like to see this in Ivy.  :)
It's really a "side option," but it would probably be
small enough that it would be more trouble than it was
worth to host it separately.  For Ivy to create POMs
from ivy.xml files is really the only solution for
projects that want to be accessible to Maven users
without having to USE Maven.  <:P

-Matt

Never Miss an Email