ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Nascif Abousalh-Neto" <Nascif.AbousalhN...@sas.com>
Subject RE: ApacheCon Talk
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:52:36 GMT
I like it too.

I would suggest that you capture the demo using a tool like Wink:
http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

This way we can give you feedback on it, and you would also have something to add to
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/demo.html

A suggestion: perhaps you should add a slide on the problem Ivy is trying to solve, and why
it is important. For a lot of people the mantra of agile development and continous integration
means that you should always build againt the cutting edge - no matter how painful that might
be.

This is specially true for the managers that don't have to track down bugs introduced by the
latest (and sometimes untested) version of a dependency...

/Nascif

-----Original Message-----
From: Xavier Hanin [mailto:xavier.hanin@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 9:32 AM
To: ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: ApacheCon Talk

On 3/9/07, Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com> wrote:

> I like very much the look of the presentation (specially the demo page).

Thanks!

The content seems rather complete, but I'm wondering if it will not be too
> long (especially with 3 demos).  Did you already test it?

No, not yet. The demos shouldn't take too long, but if during my tests I see it takes too
long, I think I will remove the first one (which is the most basic one, but it should only
takes two minutes to show that it's working like I explain in the slides)

Just two minor remarks: There is no slide about the future of ivy,

Yes, this is a good point. The problem is that I have to finish the slides for March 23rd,
but things will have changed until  the conference. So I think I'll add a slide without being
too specific, and correct it if I need before the talk.

and I'm
> wondering if the integration with maven should not be more highlighted.

Yes, this is an important point, maybe I can highlight it with the first contact, explaining
that it actually pulls artifacts and metadata from
maven2 repo.

(I
> know, I just said that it might already be too long...)
>
> Anyway, the slides are very nice, and I hope to be at Amsterdam to see
> it in live.

I hope I'll see you there too :-)

Thanks for your feedback,
- Xavier