ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Nascif Abousalh-Neto" <Nascif.AbousalhN...@sas.com>
Subject Eclipse integration
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 22:47:06 GMT
Another newbie question - does Ivy provide any support to alert the user that it is time to
update the dependency versions in ivy.xml?

For example, an IDE view of the repository with decorators showing which dependencies are
"out-of-date"?

One of the most common fears I encounter when "evangelizing" the dependency management approach
is that developers will stay too long on their "island of code" while their dependencies drift
away to newer and newer versions. I am trying to think of ways that would make it easier to
enforce some kind of motility - and a visual indication that your dependencies are getting
old would be a great help.

Perhaps some way of failing the resolve task if ivy.xml has more then X% old dependencies...

Does anybody has a similar use case?