ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Billy Bacon" <billy.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Using the ivy cache as a fall back if you don't have an internet connection
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 02:54:12 GMT
Hi,

I scanned through the FAQ and documentation and couldn't find exactly what I
was looking for so I decided to ask the user community.

I just started at a company that's using ivy and their current configuration
uses an ssh resolver to access a company repository. This works great when
you have an internet connection but completely hangs the build if you are
working completely locally and don't have access to the company LAN.

I'm wondering if anyone out there is using a solution for this problem. My
thought/hope is that a dual resolver? can be used which would do the
following...

Use the ssh resolver first... and set a timeout for like maybe 5 seconds. If
the timeout is reached, the next resolver would point to the users cache
(.ivy/cache) and use the libraries already downloaded from the repository
(from a previous build). I know the users cache could be 'stale' in a sense
but our libraries don't change much and this type of configuration would
allow users to work 'offline' in a sense and complete their build.

I see there's a <filesystem> resolver but the examples I've found don't
access a users local cache and the <ivy
pattern="${ivy.conf.dir}/../repository/[module]-ivy-[revision].xml"
/> sorta throws me off...

If anyone could send me an example of how to accomplish this, that would be
awesome!

Thanks so much.

- bb -