ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Bourzeix, Hervé <Herve.Bourz...@Genesys.com>
Subject RE: (ivy 1.4) compiling fails while resolution is fine
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 07:10:36 GMT
Hello Cecile,

as I am pretty sure you double check the javac source/classpath used, have you double check
the general.api jar is correct? (contains what it should contains). Last word, successful
resolution do not means it will compile...

regards,

-----Original Message-----
From: Cecile [mailto:rubycoder@gmail.com]
Sent: mercredi 28 mars 2007 06:27
To: ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: (ivy 1.4) compiling fails while resolution is fine

Hi,

I have an app.api project that depends on general.api.

My "app.api" ivy.xml file looks like this:

    <configurations>
        <conf name="bundle" />
        <conf name="compile" />
        <conf name="localdir" />
        <conf name="private_compile" visibility="private" />
        <conf name="runtime" visibility="private" />
        <conf name="test" visibility="private" />
    </configurations>

    <publications>
        <artifact name="app.api" type="jar" conf="bundle,compile" />
    </publications>

    <dependencies defaultconf="private_compile->compile">
        <dependency name="general.api" rev="latest.integration" />
        ... other dependencies ...
    </dependencies>

Note that if I type "ant resolve", everything is fine.
In my provide_compile directory, I do see general.api.jar being downloaded.

But when I run "ant compile" on "app.api", I get errors like:

    [javac] C:\_programs\workspace\app.api\src\java\app\api\Foo.java:39:
cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : constructor DbStuff( int )
    [javac] location: general.api.DbStuff
    [javac]         return new DbStuff( int );

Note that general.api.jar exports DbStuff.

Any tips on how to debug this classpath issue ?

Merci à tous.