ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: get default ivy dir & local repositor
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 21:10:40 GMT
--- Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/1/07, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Okay, I am using a couple of the example
> build.xmls to
> > implement the general way I want my Ivy-enabled
> builds
> > to work, and I'm getting close.
> >
> > <target name="clean-local" depends="configure">
> >   <delete

dir="${ivy.local.default.root}/${ant.project.name}"/>
> > </target>
> >
> > but I want to use default Ivy settings.  I'm using
> > 1.4, and my configure target is simply:
> >
> > <ivy:configure />
> >
> > I can see in the verbose log that Ivy constructs
> the
> > default user dir.  Is there any way I can use the
> > extension API to make Ivy set a property so I can
> > un-publish my local artifacts, while still using
> the
> > default configuration?
> Not sure of what you're talking about when you talk
> about the
> extension API, but I guess you can vote for these
> issues:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-335
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-358

RE the extension API, I was thinking along the lines
of writing a trigger that would try to get the current
IvySettings in use, etc., but can't see in the Javadoc
how such an idea could pan out.  I guess I'll just
accept that it's not possible for now.  As for having
the option for a dependent project to avoid the latest
integration version(s) of a dependency, I guess I
could just provide options to turn this on/off in my
dependenT project's buildfile?

-Matt

> - Xavier
> >
> > TIA,