ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie questions
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:28:54 GMT
On 3/16/07, Crystal, Mayer <mayer.crystal@gs.com> wrote:

> I just started fiddling with Ivy and I have 2 questions that I hope
> someone can help me with:
>
> 1.  We currently have our own build system which handles dependencies
> that I would like to migrate to Ivy.  For the first cut (instead of
> redoing everything from scratch) I would like to write some form of
> resolver which can interact with our current system and determine
> dependencies and download the jars for Ivy.  In essence, both the jars
> as well as the module descriptions (including dependencies) are behind
> this webserver in our format.  What would be the easiest way to
> intercept Ivy's request for data and dependencies and use our resolver
> to determine the underlying dependencies and to retrieve the actual
> jars?  (I looked at URLResolver and IBiblioResolver which seem to do
> something similar, but the inheritance hierarchy and all the different
> classes were a bit much - I was hoping that someone could give me a
> quick start for this process :))

Could you give some more details on what you're trying to do. Depending on
your needs, you may find a way to deal with them with only some
configuration of an existing resolver (like the URL or VFS resolver, which
can match a lot of environments), or overriding the URL resolver, or provide
your own repository (see URLRepository for example of how to implement a
Repository), or if your needs are really specific implement your own
resolver, but it's rarely necessary.

- Xavier

2.  Does Ivy have the ability (either built-in or contributed) to