ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Talk
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:00:01 GMT
On 3/12/07, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de <Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:

> My few cents ...
>
> * PPT-Master
> - You should write "ApacheCon EU 2007" instead of "ApacheCon 2007". There
> are more (US, Asia...)

Will do

* Global Notes
> - URLs in the PPT comment area for further information (Ivy Homepage /
> Manual) would be helpful.

Ok

* History
> - Some words about user community: how many users/committers, number of
> downloads ...
>    ==> Ivy is not a niche product

About users and downloads it's difficult to say. I have the numbers of
downloads before november 2006, that's all. I will try to see if I can put
some meaningful numbers though.

* #6: First contact
> - Place some comments (in the comment area of PPT) about the properties
>    ivy.jar.url   : URL to Ivy-Binary-Download (?)
>    ivy.jar.dir   : Where to install Ivy
>    ivy.jar.file  : ?
>    ivy.lib.path  : Jars needed to run Ivy

Yes, I should add comments on several slides, it's a good point.

- Have you tried that target? I cannot follow the steps ... You're
> downloading ONE file.
>    Where do the JARs in ivy.jar.dir come from?

It's basically the same as what is done in Ivy build itself, and in the
go-ivy example, so it should work. The only file downloaded is ivy.jar, and
this is enough. I use a fileset with all jars in the directory in case you
also need an optional dependency (like commons-vfs, or oro, ...)

* #7: First contact
> - I miss a note where Ivy downloads the JARs from ... Ibiblio? Local Repo?

I will add one. It downloads from maven 2 repository (repo1.maven.org/maven2
)

* #14: Where do those files come from?
> - "anything can be a repository": provide examples: "filesystem, svn,
> Maven-Repo, ..."

Good point

* #15: Where do those files come from?
> - You have to insert the ivyconf.xml ;-)
> * #17: Modular development with Ivy
> - Nice animation ;-)
> * #19: Settings
> - TODO
> * #25: Ivy / Maven2 comparison
> - spell: "if you already use ant": Ant in uppercase

Ok

* #26: Future
> - Place notes about Mailinglists, Homepage and Issue Tracker

Good idea

Very nice!

Thanks, and thanks a lot for your 2 cents, they worth much more for me :-)

- Xavier

Jan