ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Talk
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:53:54 GMT

> Xavier Hanin wrote:
> > On 3/9/07, Nascif Abousalh-Neto <Nascif.AbousalhNeto@sas.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I like it too.
> >>
> >> I would suggest that you capture the demo using a tool like Wink:
> >> http://www.debugmode.com/wink/
> >>
> >> This way we can give you feedback on it, and you would also have
> >> something
> >> to add to
> >> http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/demo.html
> >

> > Good idea, but I don't know if I'll have enough time. As I've explained
> > need to complete the slides before march 23rd. So maybe I won't have
> > time to
> > finish the demos. And since I don't really like recording demos, I'd
> prefer
> > recording them only when they are finished .
>

> March 23? I thought 27th. I'd better get busy with my extending Ant slides
>
> 1. they want the presentation for the CD.
>
> 2. you have the freedom to make whatever late binding changes you want
> afterwards.
>
> 3. I don't record my demos either.

Thanks for these clarifications.

What I am thinking this year is actually replaying the talk at work and
> getting it videoed, then putting the video up on google video.
> -the videos we did last year proved quite popular (1000+ views; way
> bigger than the in-room audience)
> -it lets you do slides that are completely meaningless without
> voiceover (eg, photos, etc)

It would be nice indeed. But I don't have the resources to record such a
video "at work" (well, at work is almost the same as at home for me :-) )

I think a comparison with Maven does make sense, and it is very much
> Ant+Ivy versus Maven; both share the same repositories. When you
> present, there will be Maven people in the audience, so its nice to not
> go out of your way to offend them. Constructive criticism is better than
> anything too dismissive.

Sure, that's what I tried to do in my slide.

Thanks for your input,

- Xavier

-steve