ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Talk
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 16:39:03 GMT
On 3/9/07, Vishal Vishnoi <vvishnoi@bea.com> wrote:

> Xavier,
>
> The slides are good, but as suggested by other users I think you need to
> address how Ivy compares to Maven and why one should use Ivy and not
> Maven? This is a question that anyone proposing Ivy will face. Also,
> it's important to talk about Ivy working with Maven repository.
>
> I know that you are presenting Ivy and don't want it to boil down to Ivy
> Vs Maven, but it will be worth talk about it towards the end. I would
> propose cutting down on one demo to include time for Ivy and Maven
> comparison.
>
> You can always record additional demo's using wink or webex
> (http://www.communiqueconferencing.com/webex_record.asp) and tell people
> where to download additional demos from.

Thanks for your feedback, I will consider your suggestion. Cutting down one
demo could save some time, but not much. Basically I decided to make three
demos to keep audience awake, prefering to have several small demos instead
of one bigger one. The two first demos could be merged in only one, but I
would spend more time on it. The advantage I see to have the first demo is
that it's very simple, and show you can start using Ivy with only a 5
minutes effort if you already use Ant.

But since you're not the first to ask for Maven / Ivy comparison, I think I
will include one slide, and when adjust the time line if necessary by
cutting down some things (or adjust in real time during the talk).

- Xavier

--Vishal