ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Talk
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 16:08:09 GMT
On 3/9/07, Nascif Abousalh-Neto <Nascif.AbousalhNeto@sas.com> wrote:

> I like it too.
>
> I would suggest that you capture the demo using a tool like Wink:
> http://www.debugmode.com/wink/
>
> This way we can give you feedback on it, and you would also have something
> to add to
> http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/demo.html

Good idea, but I don't know if I'll have enough time. As I've explained I
need to complete the slides before march 23rd. So maybe I won't have time to
finish the demos. And since I don't really like recording demos, I'd prefer
recording them only when they are finished .

A suggestion: perhaps you should add a slide on the problem Ivy is trying to
> solve, and why it is important. For a lot of people the mantra of agile
> development and continous integration means that you should always build
> againt the cutting edge - no matter how painful that might be.
>
> This is specially true for the managers that don't have to track down bugs
> introduced by the latest (and sometimes untested) version of a dependency...

Good idea too, I will add something about it.

Thanks for your feedback,

- Xavier

/Nascif