ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi backend?
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 22:10:18 GMT
On 3/7/07, Nascif Abousalh-Neto <Nascif.AbousalhNeto@sas.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply. I will give the filesystem a try.
>
> Actually we have an in-house developed dependency management system (that
> I hope to replace with Ivy) that supercedes the module descriptors in the
> osgi manifest; fortunately its dependency files are easy to parse and will
> give me a starting point to create the ivy.xml. Unfortunately, they won't
> be of any use to the community.

Note that you can provide a customm module descriptor parser and continue to
use your own format if you prefer. It depends on why you migrate away from
your existing dependency management system.

But if later we migrate to a true OSGi system and I have something more
> standard, I would be happy to share it.
>
> Thanks,
>   Nascif
>
> PS: I might have to create an extension anyway because in some cases I
> have to check for extra metadata about the artifact before deciding it
> should be considered or not. Basically I would have to look into the
> manifest for the presence of a flag; if it is there I would like to evict
> the artifact, even if the version is a good match (and somehow provide an
> indication of that in a report).
>
> Would that be better done in a filesystem extention/replacement as a new
> resolver, or any of the other kinds of ivy plugins?

With a custom dependency resolver you can do it with no problem, but it
might be somewhat complex , because DependencyResolver have quite a lot of
responsibilities, so it makes them more difficult to extend / customize.
Maybe what you want could be easily achieved with a VersionMatcher: you can
consider your version with the flag as "not matching" and this should be
enough.

- Xavier