ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi backend?
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 21:17:39 GMT
On 3/7/07, Nascif Abousalh-Neto <Nascif.AbousalhNeto@sas.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> In my company we have a jar repository that implements the OSGi spec. It
> is basically a large directory with the same structure you would find under
> the Eclipse IDE "plugins" directory. Each of our jar files is stored as an
> Eclipse plugin, or as an OSGi bundle.
>
> From my first reading of the  Ivy documentation, I believe I would be able
> to just configure a filesystem resolver to point to the repository with the
> appropriate pattern. But just out of curiosity, I thought I would ask to see
> if anybody has already implemented it since it and/or has suggestions on a
> different approach.

I think using a filesystem resolver should be fine. Note that if you want to
use transitive dependencies, you will have either to write ivy files for
your bundles, or write a custom parser able to parse osgi manifest as a
module descriptor. This way to go is more interesting IMO, because this is
something that could be shared with the community. I'd be glad to help to
write such a parser. Another thing that may cause some troubles is that OSGi
bundles do not separate the organization and module name concepts.
Everything is in the bundle symbolic name. The easiest solution I see to
this problem is to consider the part of the symbolic name before the last
dot to be the organisation, and the remaining part the name. But this is
only a suggestion.

HTH,
- Xavier

Thanks,