ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Really nasty problem - dynamic revs are not being replaced in 1.4.1
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 08:23:06 GMT
On 3/6/07, Stephen Nesbitt <snesbitt@cobaltgroup.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 03 March 2007 2:34:07 am you wrote:
> > On 3/3/07, Stephen Nesbitt <snesbitt@cobaltgroup.com> wrote:
> > > All:
> > >
> > > Does anyone know about circumstances where dynamic revs are not being
> > > replaced with static identifiers in the published ivy file under ivy
> > > 1.4.1.
> >
> > See IVY-404. In your case I don't think it's exactly the same problem
> > as IVY-404, because you don't seem to use branches, but I think it may
> > be related to your extrra attribute (ModuleType). Try without and see
> > if it works. If it does open a new issue explaining the problem, it
> > should be pretty easy to fix since I think it's the same kind of
> > problem than IVY-404.
> Xavier:
>
> Confirmed - removing the extra attributes results in correct substitution
> of static revisions. I have opened ivy-415.
>
> Any chance we can get an Ivy 1.4.2 version - this is a pretty significant
> issue in my opinion. If not, could you tell me which subversion trunk has
> the fix?

The problem is that the current trunk has had a lot of refactorings,
including package renames to apache, so fixing bugs on the trunk and on Ivy
1.4.x version is too time consuming for us. So I don't plan to release a
1.4.2, unless someone backport some bug fixes and provide patches :-)

For the svn trunk to use, it's
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ivy/core/trunk/

Your issue is not fixed on this trunk right now, but I hope it will be
pretty soon.

- Xavier

Thanks!