ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: publishing to the big maven2 repository
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 12:09:00 GMT

> Xavier Hanin wrote:
> > On 3/1/07, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is there any documentation on the process for publishing (non-apache)
> >> artifacts to the official m2 repository, through Ivy?
> > No, the only documentation available is the maven documentation on the
> > subject. We don't have any Ivy specific way to do it, so I don't see
> > what you really mean.
> >>
> >> If not, what do I have to do? I know I wont need signoff, just a bugrep
> >> to the maven bug list, but I need to set all the poms up...
> > I'm sorry, but I don't see what you mean. If you want to publish
> > artifacts to the m2 repository I guess you have to provide poms, since
> > it's an m2 repository, not an Ivy one. But I guess you know their
> > policy better than me, so I'm a little bit confused by your question.
>
> I'm wondering if there is anything to create a stub POM from an ivy.xml
> file; we use the m2 configuration names already for ease of migration...

No, at least nothing I'm aware of. The problem is that it's not really
possible to convert and ivy file to a pom, since there is no equivalent to
Ivy configurations in maven 2. If you really want to be compatible with
maven 2, maybe using a pom instead of an ivy.xml would be better. Ivy can
work with poms, even if it's still less tested than ivy.xml files. Then a
remaining problem will be publications, because Ivy internally converts poms
to ivy files, and if you use Ivy to publish to a repository I think it will
actually publish an ivy file, and not a pom. I don't know if this would be
acceptable or not in your case.

- Xavier