ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: get default ivy dir & local reposito
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 21:22:05 GMT
On 3/1/07, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> RE the extension API, I was thinking along the lines
> of writing a trigger that would try to get the current
> IvySettings in use, etc., but can't see in the Javadoc
> how such an idea could pan out.
Ok, I see. The javadoc is far from being good, it's one of the area
where Ivy still needs a lot of improvements. But your idea is
interesting and you may manage to use the API quite easily. No need
for a trigger or something like that, you can access the ivy instance
by using the last configured ivy.instance reference in the Ant
project, then you will get access to the IvySettings object on which
you can call getDefaultIvyUserDir() for instance. Does it make sense?

> I guess I'll just
> accept that it's not possible for now.  As for having
> the option for a dependent project to avoid the latest
> integration version(s) of a dependency, I guess I
> could just provide options to turn this on/off in my
> dependenT project's buildfile?
I'm not sure to have enough information about your build and your
setup to answer. If you use only the default settings (I try to use
settings instead of configuration to avoid confusion with module
configurations), then you won't have much control on your resolvers.
But you can still use the revision constraints expressed in your ivy
files to define what you want. But if you want to turn this on/off
from the build, it won't be of much help, unless you use ivy variables
in your ivy files... An easier way would to be to switch of settings
(one with your local repository, one without), but then you have to
provide an ivyconf.xml.

- Xavier