ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help! Help me use a Maven repository!
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 08:32:00 GMT
On 2/28/07, Eric Crahen <eric.crahen.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm writing some code that is a plugin for this Maven oriented project. I
> tried to use Maven, I really did. But it turns out I would rather drink a
> glass of lye than use Maven.
>
> So, I want to create an Ivy resolver that talks to this Maven repository. I
> can understand very little about how maven works due to is stellar
> documentation, so maybe some of you can help me translate this into an Ivy
> resolver. Please help me make sense of this.
>
> The pom for my project has this stuff in it.
>
>   <dependencies>
>     <dependency>
>       <groupId>org.jvnet.hudson.main</groupId>
>       <artifactId>hudson-core</artifactId>
>       <version>1.77</version>
>       <scope>provided</scope>
>     </dependency>
>   </dependencies>
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>java.net</id>
>       <url>https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository</url>
>       <layout>legacy</layout>
>     </repository>
>     <repository>
>       <id>java.net2</id>
>       <url>https://maven2-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository</url>
>     </repository>
>     <repository>
>       <id>hudson-libs</id>
>       <url>
> https://hudson.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/hudson/hudson/main/lib
> </url>
>       <layout>legacy</layout>
>     </repository>
>
>   </repositories>
>
> I tried to run mvn -X to get some idea of the URLs it hits, and I say this
> float by
> https://maven2-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository/org/jvnet/hudson/main/hudson-core/1.77/hudson-core-1.77.pom
>
> The https://maven2-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository/ isn't browsable
> so I'm not sure what the layout is.
> Can anyone help me turn this insanity into ivy?!
I'm not sure, because I'm far from being a maven expert, but I think
that repositories with legacy layout are maven 1 repos and the one
without the legacy layout is maven 2. So if you use a chain of three
ibiblio rep, configured with the proper root, and turn m2compatible
only for the good one, it may work... But I haven't tried myself!

HTH,
Xavier