ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ivy + Gump
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 10:09:21 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> I think about the following:
> - use Ivy for handling the dependencies of the projects
>   --> these specifies the versions they trust
> - use Gump for integration builds
>   --> check if there are incompatibilities
>
> Is there a way to share the dependency information?
>

> Jan

hey, you're on the slipperly slopes of mavenness there :)

Next you'll be wanting izpack to include the JARs(*), or your app server
to read the pom to build a list of things that should be on the EAR
classpath...

There is some stuff a colleague wrote to convert .pom files to RDF; its
up at MIT's simile project now, I think. We can do the same with Ivy
metadata too -convert it into a build-tool neutral format. Stefano
Mazzochi has apparently been thinking of some    RDF-driven gump
successor which could use this.

For now, Gump and ivy are independent  -my projects are the only users
of the ivy build, and while they dont actually get their classpath set
up by it, they do use it for publishing and retrieving things, and for
regression testing ivy itself.

-steve

(*) Once I've got this working I'll write it up on antbook.org. I'm
retrieving every config into a separate dir,

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/smartfrog/trunk/core/release/build.xml?view=markup
then feeding this into izpack -every package you can choose to install
comes with its own ivy config

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/smartfrog/trunk/core/release/izpack/smartfrog-install.xml?view=markup