ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Talk
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:14:41 GMT
Xavier Hanin wrote:
> On 3/9/07, Nascif Abousalh-Neto <Nascif.AbousalhNeto@sas.com> wrote:
>>
>> I like it too.
>>
>> I would suggest that you capture the demo using a tool like Wink:
>> http://www.debugmode.com/wink/
>>
>> This way we can give you feedback on it, and you would also have
>> something
>> to add to
>> http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/demo.html
>

> Good idea, but I don't know if I'll have enough time. As I've explained I
> need to complete the slides before march 23rd. So maybe I won't have
> time to
> finish the demos. And since I don't really like recording demos, I'd prefer
> recording them only when they are finished .

March 23? I thought 27th. I'd better get busy with my extending Ant slides

1. they want the presentation for the CD.

2. you have the freedom to make whatever late binding changes you want
afterwards.

3. I don't record my demos either.

What I am thinking this year is actually replaying the talk at work and
getting it videoed, then putting the video up on google video.
  -the videos we did last year proved quite popular (1000+ views; way
bigger than the in-room audience)
  -it lets you do slides that are completely meaningless without
voiceover (eg, photos, etc)

I think a comparison with Maven does make sense, and it is very much
Ant+Ivy versus Maven; both share the same repositories. When you
present, there will be Maven people in the audience, so its nice to not
go out of your way to offend them. Constructive criticism is better than
anything too dismissive.

-steve