ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Vishal Vishnoi <vvish...@bea.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Talk
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:43:29 GMT
I like how you have presented pro's of both (Ant + Ivy) and Maven.

My personal experience have been that Ivy WORKS :-). I've seen many
projects trying to use Maven and crash and burn..imagine a
build/dependency management system, which is so crippling and brittle.

My favorite quote from someone using Maven was:

"/I understood the technology of the project in not time. It took me
ages to figure out how Maven works. Doing simple things is very hard.
It's very buggy and has horrendous documentation/"

 I know you can't state this in your presentation, but just wanted to
let you know that I'm glad Ivy is around for us to use with Ant.

--Vishal

Xavier Hanin wrote:
> Thanks to your feedback I've updated the slides to integrate your
> suggestions. I haven't tested if I'll have enough time with those
> slides, it
> may be a bit too long now.
>
> Tell me what you think would be the best to cut down if I need time. And
> give me your feedback on the changes, especially on Maven / Ivy
> comparison,
> I wan't to be as fair as possible, so I'll welcome any comment.
>
> Thanks for your time,
>
> - Xavier
>
> On 3/9/07, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ivy users,
>>
>> As you probablu alreaday know I'll give a talk at next ApacheCon
>> Europe :
>> http://www.eu.apachecon.com/program/talk/47
>>
>> I've just started preparing the slides, and I would like to gather some
>> feedback. Obviously without the talk it's more difficult to get an
>> opinion,
>> but anyway, if you have time the very early draft of the slides is
>> available
>> here:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ivy/core/trunk/doc/presentations/apache-con-2007/slides.ppt

>> Any feedback would be strongly appreciated!
>>
>> - Xavier

by email and then delete it.