ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Vishal Vishnoi <vvish...@bea.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Talk
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 16:24:46 GMT
Xavier,

The slides are good, but as suggested by other users I think you need to
address how Ivy compares to Maven and why one should use Ivy and not
Maven? This is a question that anyone proposing Ivy will face. Also,
it's important to talk about Ivy working with Maven repository.

I know that you are presenting Ivy and don't want it to boil down to Ivy
Vs Maven, but it will be worth talk about it towards the end. I would
propose cutting down on one demo to include time for Ivy and Maven
comparison.

You can always record additional demo's using wink or webex
(http://www.communiqueconferencing.com/webex_record.asp) and tell people
where to download additional demos from.

--Vishal

Xavier Hanin wrote:
> Hi Ivy users,
>
> As you probablu alreaday know I'll give a talk at next ApacheCon Europe :
> http://www.eu.apachecon.com/program/talk/47
>
> I've just started preparing the slides, and I would like to gather some
> feedback. Obviously without the talk it's more difficult to get an
> opinion,
> but anyway, if you have time the very early draft of the slides is
> available
> here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ivy/core/trunk/doc/presentations/apache-con-2007/slides.ppt

> Any feedback would be strongly appreciated!
>
> - Xavier

by email and then delete it.