ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OSGi backend?
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 11:09:31 GMT
Nascif Abousalh-Neto wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> In my company we have a jar repository that implements the OSGi spec. It is basically
a large directory with the same structure you would find under the Eclipse IDE "plugins" directory.
Each of our jar files is stored as an Eclipse plugin, or as an OSGi bundle.

> From my first reading of the  Ivy documentation, I believe I would be able to just configure
a filesystem resolver to point to the repository with the appropriate pattern. But just out
of curiosity, I thought I would ask to see if anybody has already implemented it since it
and/or has suggestions on a different approach.

> Thanks,
>   Nascif

OSGi has a different view of the world, on account of a clear separation
between published interfaces, implementations and dependency packages.
I'd be interested to see how you get on with Ivy -and how Ivy and Ant
could evolve to work better with OSGi dev. I have a colleague who is
trying to work out how to get RMI to work with OSGi properly, which is
v. hard because serialization info doesnt include any way to identify
which bundle something came from.

-steve