ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Korobskiy <dkro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re[2]: Newbie questions
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:20:39 GMT
Hi, Mayer
Re: your e-mail from Friday, March 16, 2007

Can't help you with that.

MC> 2.  Does Ivy have the ability (either built-in or contributed) to
MC> package a project including all of its dependencies (both explicit and
MC> transitive)?  For instance,  if I would like to create a tar file of the
MC> entire application can I perform an Ant copy (with Ivy's help) which can
MC> copy all of the jars into a lib directory?  If not, how would one go
MC> about obtaining the necessary information in order to perform this type
MC> of operation?

Simply use <ivy:cachefileset conf="myconf"> after Ivy resolve, and then you can
do whatever Ant can do with that fileset. For example, you can <zip> it. The
cachefileset contains all the dependencies (optionally for a particular
configuration - see details in the docs) that Ivy resolved into its cache.

MC> Thanks,
MC> Mayer

Dmitriy <1-127-441 @ICQ, DKroot @Skype, DKroot1 @AIM, dkroot1_at_gmail_dot_com @Google
Talk>