ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gregoire Henry" <ghynxm...@gmail.com>
Subject Does configuration be transitive ??
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:40:59 GMT
Hello
I am facing with some strange behaviour ...

I have some dependencies like that :

Mod A depends from Mod B/rev2 in conf default->C1
Mod A depends from Mod C/rev1 in conf default->C2

Mod C/rev1 depends from Mod B/rev1 in conf default->C3

In my repository , i have Mod B/rev2/C1 , Mod B/rev1/C3 and Mod C/rev1/C2
but I don't have Mod B/rev2 in conf C3 ...

I'm using latest-revision strategy .

When i make the resolve ,
ModB/rev1 is evicted by ModB/rev2 ... ok

but ivy try to resolve ModB/rev2 in configuration C3 for satisfying the Mod
C/rev1 dependencies .. and fail because this conf doesn't exist ...

There is something strange in this behaviour ... ,it'sa "configuration
migration" from Mod B/rev1 to ModB/rev2 as if ivy expects that all revisions
should always have the same configuration .....

Is this the normal way ?

Thank's
Greg