ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Loehr, Ruel" <rlo...@pointserve.com>
Subject RE: Newbie questions
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:41:48 GMT
1:  No idea.  That sounds tough and I would avoid it.

2)   Use ivy's retrieve task and copy the dependencies into a lib
directory.   Thane you can do your tar.

-----Original Message-----
From: Crystal, Mayer [mailto:mayer.crystal@gs.com]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 10:36 AM
To: ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Newbie questions

I just started fiddling with Ivy and I have 2 questions that I hope
someone can help me with:

1.  We currently have our own build system which handles dependencies
that I would like to migrate to Ivy.  For the first cut (instead of
redoing everything from scratch) I would like to write some form of
resolver which can interact with our current system and determine
dependencies and download the jars for Ivy.  In essence, both the jars
as well as the module descriptions (including dependencies) are behind
this webserver in our format.  What would be the easiest way to
intercept Ivy's request for data and dependencies and use our resolver
to determine the underlying dependencies and to retrieve the actual
jars?  (I looked at URLResolver and IBiblioResolver which seem to do
something similar, but the inheritance hierarchy and all the different
classes were a bit much - I was hoping that someone could give me a
quick start for this process :))

2.  Does Ivy have the ability (either built-in or contributed) to
package a project including all of its dependencies (both explicit and
transitive)?  For instance,  if I would like to create a tar file of the
entire application can I perform an Ant copy (with Ivy's help) which can
copy all of the jars into a lib directory?  If not, how would one go
about obtaining the necessary information in order to perform this type
of operation?

Thanks,
Mayer