ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Simon <simonzm...@gmail.com>
Subject how to make fileset of resolved dependencies
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 05:56:17 GMT
Hello all,

What is the best way to resolve the specific dependencies of a
particular artifact into a path or fileset for use in Ant?

For example, I have a war file (just one of the possible outputs from
my project) which depends on A.jar, and A.jar depends on B.jar and
C.jar.   When I build my war file, I need to include those
dependencies - it would be great if this could be completely computed
from the ivy resolve process so that if the dependencies of A.jar
change I won't need to change anything in the build for this project.

I see there are two tasks that come close ( cachefileset and cachepath
) but they don't seem to match perfectly and also the docs recommend
it's better not to use them .... so just wondering how everyone else
is doing this?

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers,

Simon.