ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mark_Mel...@amis.com
Subject RE: Dependency Sets
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 16:19:40 GMT
Ah, right.  I guess then I would just declare "common-dep-module" to not
publish any artifacts at all then.

Cool, thanks.
Mark.

"Gilles Scokart" <gscokart@gmail.com>
02/01/2007 11:09 AM
Please respond to
ivy-user@incubator.apache.org

<ivy-user@incubator.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Dependency Sets

In ivy, there is no 'inheritance' feature like in maven.  I think it is
what
you want.

But what you can still do is to have a single module 'common-dep-module'
that contains dependencies to all the modules that you want to include:

<dependencies>
        <dependency org="org" name="module1" rev="ver" />
        <dependency org="org" name="module2" rev="ver" />
        <dependency org="org" name="module3" rev="ver" />
        <dependency org="org" name="module4" rev="ver" />
        <dependency org="org" name="module5" rev="ver" />
</dependencies>

By doing that, you reduce the list to only one :
<dependencies>
        <dependency org="org" name="common-dep-module" rev="ver" />
</dependencies>

It should produce the same result.

Gilles