ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Wang, Han BGI SF" <Han.W...@barclaysglobal.com>
Subject RE: Ivy configuration problem
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 16:53:27 GMT
Hi Gilles,
    That worked out pretty well, I was specifying the default conf mapping in the dependent
module A. I gotta say, the ivy documentation needs a good overhaul. Thanks !

Han

-----Original Message-----
From: Gilles Scokart [mailto:gscokart@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 12:09 AM
To: ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Ivy configuration problem

If I summarize your problem:
- You have a module A, depending on a module X without specifying the configuration
- Your module X has multiple configurations with multiple jars
- You want the resolution of A to only include some configuration of X without add the configuration
to every dependency.

I think that to achieve that, you will have to change the ivy.xml of A.

Into your dependencies tag of the ivy.xml, you can specify a defaultconfmapping that map '*->TheConfsThatYouWantToAlwaysUse'.

But make sure you under stand the doc :
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/doc/ivyfile/dependency.html
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/doc/ivyfile/configurations.html
to understand the impact of that.

Alternatively, you could also change what the module X publish.  Maybe you don't need to publish
the test artefacts (declaring the test conf as private would do that).

I hope I helped.

Gilles