ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Bourzeix, Hervé <Herve.Bourz...@Genesys.com>
Subject publish overwrite
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:01:28 GMT
Using ivy 1.4.1,

to publish artifacts in my build system, here is the steps I do
- change the ivy file of the project
- call a publish task with forcedeliver to true and overwrite to false

My issue is: sometime I forgot to change the revision in my ivy file and I publish. Using
overwrite, I thought I would be safe, because already published artifacts will not be updated,
but that's not the case.

Is overwrite do what I think it shoudl do ?
What should I change in my build system to have the revision incremented automatically ?
=> use a buildnumber task and affect it to the ivy.revision property? is this a good solution
?

thx