ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: eviction and conflict manager
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:24:43 GMT
On 2/23/07, Gilles Faucherand <gilles.faucherand@genostar.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some problems with eviction strategy. I set a
> defaultConflictManager="latest-time"
> in my ivyconf meaning for me if a conflict appears to retrieve all the
> time the last in time published.
>
> Say for instance that I have 3 modules A, B and C.
> 1) I publish C-1.0.0 and later C-1.0.1.
> 2) B needs  C-1.0.0, I retrieve (ok) and I publish B-1.0.0
> 3) A needs B-1.0.0 and C-1.0.1  (order is important: B before C in ivy
> file  ...)
>
> When I retrieve I get C-1.0.0 ???
>   [resolve]     :: evicted modules:
>   [resolve]     [ MyCompany | C | 1.0.1 ] by [[ MyCompany | C | 1.0.0 ]]
> in [all]
>   [resolve]       in [ MyCompany | A | 1.0.0 ] with latest-time
>
> If I change the order in the ivy file i.e. C before B, I get what I want
> C-1.0.1 ...
>   [resolve]     :: evicted modules:
>   [resolve]     [ MyCompany | C | 1.0.0 ] by [[ MyCompany | C | 1.0.1 ]]
> in [all]
>   [resolve]       in [ MyCompany | B | 1.0.0 ] with latest-time
>
> Is it normal ?

No, this is not normal. The only reason why this should happen is if the two
revision are considered equal according to the latest revision strategy
used, in your case latest-time. So this should only happen if the two have
the same time of publication. Note that Ivy uses the publication time in the
Ivy file during conflict resolution, so make sure you have set the
publication attribute in your ivy files in your repository. If you still
have the problem, you can open a JIRA issue describing your problem and your
environment.

Xavier

Thanks in advance,