ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Cocoons Maven repo
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:19:35 GMT

> Xavier Hanin wrote:
> > On 2/22/07, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> At Apache Forrest we are moving towards an ivy managed build system.
> >> Most of our dependencies come from Cocoon, which uses Maven2. We can
> >> therefore get the majority of our jars from either:
> >>
> >> http://people.apache.org/repository
> >> or
> >> http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository
> >>
> >> However, I just can't seem to set up my ivyconf correctly to use these
> >> repos. Can someone tell me what the resolver config should look like
> for
> >> the above two Maven2 repositories.
> >

> > According to what I see in these repos, it seems that the first one is a
> > maven 1 repo and the second is a maven2 one. So I think you should be
> able
> > to use them like this:
> >
> > <ivyconf>
> >  <conf defaultResolver="apache" />
> >  <resolvers>
> >    <chain name="apache">
> >        <ibiblio name="regular" root="http://people.apache.org/repository
> "
> > />
> >        <ibiblio name="snapshot" root="
> > http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository" m2compatible="true"
> />
> >    </chain>
> >  </resolvers>
> > </ivyconf>
>
> OK, I had previously set it up like this:
>
> <resolvers>
>    <ibiblio name="regular" root="http://people.apache.org/repository"/>
>    <ibiblio name="snapshot" root="
> http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository" m2compatible="true"/>
>    <chain name="default">
>      <ibiblio name="apache"/>
>      <ibiblio name="snapshot"/>
>    </chain>
> </resolvers>
>
> This was causing the both repositories to go off to the ibiblio
> repository. I played around with using ivyrep tags and various
> combinations as well, but always the same effect.
>
> Changing to what you suggest above worked just fine.
>
> If this stupid user error or a bug? (i.e. wrong assumptions in what I
> had seen in the docs)

Mmm, it's difficult to say, I'd need you whole ivyconf.xml to be sure,
because with only the resolvers section I can't be sure Ivy was actually
using your chain.

With what you provide here I see an error: your chain references an 'apache'
resolver which is not defined. But I don't believe it's the origin of the
problem, because in this case Ivy should raise an error.

- Xavier

Thanks for your help,