ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting dependency sets from ivy.xml for further ant use
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 07:18:49 GMT
On 2/22/07, Jan Hartmann <jan.hartmann.poc@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> My situation is as followed:
> I'm working in a multi-project workspace and my build process should build
> all projects. Since there are a lot of tasks, which are needed for more
> than
> one project build, I'm trying to build those tasks in a generic way. Also
> those projects depend on a lot of similar libraries and for saving disk
> space I want to put all libs resolved by ivy into one lib folder for all
> projects, so that libs a, b, c and d are not copied into a lib folder for
> each project.
> Now, when packaging the projects I need a pattern which of the libs should
> be put into package and as I try to keep it as generic as possible, I
> don't
> want to define tasks for each project packaging with a specially defined
> fileset. In the ivy.xml files there are all needed libs defined for each
> project, so is there a way to get this set of dependencies for the
> packaging
> task?

I'm not sure to get a clear picture of your build system. Do you have an ivy
file for each project, or only one for all? If you have an ivy file for each
project, packaging only the dependencies of the project is quite easy, you
can use the cachepath or cachefileset tasks to get only the dependencies you
need. If you have everything in only one ivy file, you will need to use one
configuration per project for instance to get only the dependencies you
want.

- Xavier

Thanks a lot in advance,