ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: publish overwrite
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:24:26 GMT
On 2/7/07, Bourzeix, Hervé <Herve.Bourzeix@genesys.com> wrote:

> Using ivy 1.4.1,
>
> to publish artifacts in my build system, here is the steps I do
> - change the ivy file of the project
> - call a publish task with forcedeliver to true and overwrite to false
>
> My issue is: sometime I forgot to change the revision in my ivy file and I
> publish. Using overwrite, I thought I would be safe, because already
> published artifacts will not be updated, but that's not the case.

I'm surprised, because it should work, I think there's a junit test for
that. Please open an issue in JIRA, and try to describe your settings (
ivyconf.xml) with precision, and attache the relevant part of your debug log
if possible.

Is overwrite do what I think it shoudl do ?
> What should I change in my build system to have the revision incremented
> automatically ?
> => use a buildnumber task and affect it to the ivy.revision property? is
> this a good solution ?

Yes, use the buildnumber, it is meant for that. But beware it is not safe if
multiple user ask for a new revision number at the same time.

- Xavier

thx