ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Working parallel on different modules without building and pu blishing jar files
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 12:55:08 GMT
On 2/2/07, SELG Alexander <alexander.selg@wave-solutions.com> wrote:

> Hi Eugene,
>
> the patch you sent to me matches the patch I've got from Xavier.
>
> I don't see it as a problem that you have to change the resolve chain in
> the
> ivyconf file. I think it's a good idea to have a switch for turning this
> feature on or off. Developer who like the old behaviour wouldn't need to
> change anything.
> Maybe the ivyconf.xml is not the best place for that but I think it's no
> problem to add the lines for the typedef and the eclipse resolver in the
> ivyconf.

The *big* advantage I see to this solution is that it works. Now I'd prefer
something with only a checkbox in IvyDE to activate or not the feature,
instead of having to modify the ivyconf. But if nobody (including me) find
time to improve it, it will go into next version, because it's really useful
even as it is now.

- Xavier

Alex