ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject first question about dependency confs
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:45:01 GMT
I am getting my feet wet with Ivy, trying to get
started with my ultimate goal being to set up a pair
of projects, one of which depends on the other (and
has a number of optional dependencies).  First I don't
quite understand the implications of configurations
and dependency confs:  is there overlap between an
extended conf and a dependency conf with "depends on"
(->) specified?  e.g.:

<conf name="foo" />
<conf name="bar" extends="foo" />

<dependency org="org" name="baz" conf="foo" />

Here, does conf "bar" get dependency "baz"?  If not,
why not?  If so, what would

<dependency org="org" name="baz" conf="foo,bar->foo"
/>

mean?

confused, :(
Matt