ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "John Gill" <llign...@gmail.com>
Subject Publishing versioned and unversioned artifacts
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:41:19 GMT
I like the idea of publishing versioned artifacts (particularly jar files),
but for some artifacts publishing them as versioned is not a good idea.

For example, lets say I have a package that has a jar file, and an HTML file
with the release notes in it, and the release notes references an image file
which is also release with it.

So what I want is a published results which looks like this:

\jar\myjar-1.2.3.jar
\doc\ReleaseNotes.html
\doc\UML.png

So in my ivy.xml I'd have the publications listed like this:
<publications>
        <artifact name="ReleaseNotes" type="doc" ext="html" />
        <artifact name="UML" type="doc" ext="png" />
        <artifact name="myjar" type="jar" />
</publications>

And my ivyconf.xml has a resolver that I will publish to like this:
<resolvers>
        <filesystem name="builds">
            <ivy pattern="${build.dir}/pkg/ivys/ivy-[revision].xml"/>
            <artifact pattern="${build.dir
}/pkg/[type]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>
        </filesystem>
</resolvers>

The problem with the above resolver is that it will release the doc types as
ReleaseNotes-1.2.3.html and UML-1.2.3.png, and ReleaseNotes refers to the
image as UML.png and not UML-1.2.3.png.

So basically I want to use a different artifact pattern for different types.
The jar types can use the pattern as shown, but I want the doc types to use
the following pattern:
<artifact pattern="${build.dir}/pkg/[type]/[artifact].[ext]"/>

Is there a way to do what I want?

--
Regards,
John Gill