ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gilles Faucherand <gilles.faucher...@genostar.com>
Subject Re: eviction and conflict manager
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:42:57 GMT
Xavier Hanin wrote:
> On 2/23/07, Gilles Faucherand <gilles.faucherand@genostar.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have some problems with eviction strategy. I set a
>> defaultConflictManager="latest-time"
>> in my ivyconf meaning for me if a conflict appears to retrieve all the
>> time the last in time published.
>>
>> Say for instance that I have 3 modules A, B and C.
>> 1) I publish C-1.0.0 and later C-1.0.1.
>> 2) B needs  C-1.0.0, I retrieve (ok) and I publish B-1.0.0
>> 3) A needs B-1.0.0 and C-1.0.1  (order is important: B before C in ivy
>> file  ...)
>>
>> When I retrieve I get C-1.0.0 ???
>>   [resolve]     :: evicted modules:
>>   [resolve]     [ MyCompany | C | 1.0.1 ] by [[ MyCompany | C | 1.0.0 ]]
>> in [all]
>>   [resolve]       in [ MyCompany | A | 1.0.0 ] with latest-time
>>
>> If I change the order in the ivy file i.e. C before B, I get what I want
>> C-1.0.1 ...
>>   [resolve]     :: evicted modules:
>>   [resolve]     [ MyCompany | C | 1.0.0 ] by [[ MyCompany | C | 1.0.1 ]]
>> in [all]
>>   [resolve]       in [ MyCompany | B | 1.0.0 ] with latest-time
>>
>> Is it normal ?
>

> No, this is not normal. The only reason why this should happen is if
> the two
> revision are considered equal according to the latest revision strategy
> used, in your case latest-time. So this should only happen if the two
> have
> the same time of publication. Note that Ivy uses the publication time
> in the
> Ivy file during conflict resolution, so make sure you have set the
> publication attribute in your ivy files in your repository.
You mean in the ivy file of the module C  <info organisation="MyCompany"
module="C" ... publication="xxxxx"  >
No, or I should change this date each time I publish and I've got a
nightly builder ...

After publication in the repository the ivy file created was
myrepos/MyCompany/C/ivy-1.0.0.xml (following my ivy artifact pattern)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ivy-module version="1.0">
  <info organisation="MyCompany" module="C" revision="1.0.0"
status="integration" publication="20070223132315"/>
</ivy-module>

A publication date is set ... I thought this date was used ?