ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Cocoons Maven repo
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:30:49 GMT
Xavier Hanin wrote:

>> At Apache Forrest we are moving towards an ivy managed build system.
>> Most of our dependencies come from Cocoon, which uses Maven2. We can
>> therefore get the majority of our jars from either:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/repository
>> or
>> http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository
>>
>> However, I just can't seem to set up my ivyconf correctly to use these
>> repos. Can someone tell me what the resolver config should look like for
>> the above two Maven2 repositories.
>

> According to what I see in these repos, it seems that the first one is a
> maven 1 repo and the second is a maven2 one. So I think you should be able
> to use them like this:
>
> <ivyconf>
>  <conf defaultResolver="apache" />
>  <resolvers>
>    <chain name="apache">
>        <ibiblio name="regular" root="http://people.apache.org/repository"
> />
>        <ibiblio name="snapshot" root="
> http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository" m2compatible="true" />
>    </chain>
>  </resolvers>
> </ivyconf>

OK, I had previously set it up like this:

<resolvers>
   <ibiblio name="regular" root="http://people.apache.org/repository"/>
   <ibiblio name="snapshot" root="
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository" m2compatible="true"/>
   <chain name="default">
     <ibiblio name="apache"/>
     <ibiblio name="snapshot"/>
   </chain>
</resolvers>

This was causing the both repositories to go off to the ibiblio
repository. I played around with using ivyrep tags and various
combinations as well, but always the same effect.

Changing to what you suggest above worked just fine.

If this stupid user error or a bug? (i.e. wrong assumptions in what I
had seen in the docs)

Thanks for your help,
Ross