ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Keith Collison <kcolli...@keithcollison.com>
Subject TeamCity to integrate with Ivy
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:24:43 GMT
I thought this might be of interest to Ivy users.

I've been keeping an eye on TeamCity's evolution, a continuous
integration server from the folks at JetBrains (the people who make the
IDEA ide).  Specifically I was interested in its ability to trigger
dependent builds, akin to the old Cruisecontrol plugin that Jayasoft had
once offered.  TeamCity's first release had no such feature, but a Jira
issue was created for it (see http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/TW-669 ).

Well, it looks as if said feature will be implemented in the next EAP.
What's more, have a look at the comment submitted by Pavel Sher, the
developer who was responsible for this feature's implementation:

"TeamCity now is compatible with Ivy and it uses Ivy to resolve and
retrieve artifacts. TeamCity acts as Ivy repository (with some specific
though) that allows to download artifacts from usual Ant scripts using
usual Ivy tasks. Also we provide UI for configuring dependencies on
artifacts of another build configuration. There you can use various
rules describing from what build to take artifacts (last finished, last
successful, build number ranges in Ivy syntax and so on)."

Very interesting!  Xavier, were you aware of this?

~ Keith