ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Chas Douglass <chas.dougl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New user, no transitive dependencies
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:01:45 GMT

I don't know about "repository".  The build output says it found
"hibernate | hibernate | 3.0.5 in public"

In my cache directory, the ivy-3.0.5 file does not contain any
dependency statements.  Should it?

Chas

Stephen.Davies@ipaustralia.gov.au wrote:

> Chas,
> does your repository contain the file hibernate/hibernate/ivy-3.0.5.xml?
> Does it contain the dependencies for Hibernate?
>
> Regards,
> Stephen
>

> *Chas Douglass <chas.douglass@gmail.com>*
>
> 07/02/2007 03:31 AM
> Please respond to
> ivy-user@incubator.apache.org

> 	ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> 	New user, no transitive dependencies
>

> I'm trying to get my first Ivy build to work, and I'm missing something
> basic, I think.
>
> I have an ivy.xml file that has:
>
> (preamble stuff deleted)
>  <dependencies>
>    <dependency org="hibernate" name="hibernate" rev="3.0.5"/>
>  <dependencies>
>
> And I use the simplest case:
>
>  <ivy:retrieve pattern="${target.lib.dir}/[artifact].[ext]"/>
>
> in my build.xml file.
>
> This correctly downloads hibernate.jar version 3.0.5, but none if it's
> transitive dependencies.
>
> I tried adding 'transitive="true"', which the documents say is the
> default anyway, and got no difference.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Chas Douglass

- --
This message contains privileged and confidential information only
for use by the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, you must not disseminate, copy or use
it in any manner.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail.  Please ensure all
e-mail attachments are scanned for viruses prior to opening or
using.