ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cachefileset and war files
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 12:33:55 GMT
easyproglife wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am building a WAR file using ivy.
>
> I need to populate "/WEB-INF/lib" directory of the WAR file with all
> 'runtime' configuration artifacts.
>
> If I use ivy:retrieve to some directory, I can then use <zipfileset
> dir="..." prefix="WEB-INF/lib".../> in order to insert them into the WAR
> file in the correct directory using the prefix attribute.
>
> My question is if it is possible to skip the retrieve and directly use ivy
> cachefileset task as a source to the WAR file.
>
> The only problem is that I don't have the "prefix" attribute in
> "cachefileset" task and of course it should not be there.
>
> As I understand, what I need is simply a fileset wrapper that has prefix
> attribute and sub-fileset from any type (cachefileset, zipfileset, etc.).

its more complex than that. you need to flatten the files so that they
all go into WEB-INF/lib instead of subdirs, otherwise the loader doesnt
pick them up. For EAR stuff you probably want to retrieve them stripping
off version numbers, so that your application.xml doesnt need to hard
code versions in (or be property-expanded on the fly).