ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <ivy:buildlist> with specific configurations
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:19:30 GMT
* Xavier Hanin:

> I  think  I understand  your  need,  but  be careful  that  this
> could  only  be   used  with  the  root   attribute  being  set.
> attribute. Otherwise I  do not  see how  we could  consider this
> conf.
>
> If we are  in sync, I think  you can open an issue  in JIRA (and
> also clarify your use case to satisfy our curiosity :-)).

Hi Xavier,

I don't necessarily have the root attribute set.

That's because I don't necessarily want to build all modules in my
project.  For example  when I deploy an application,  I'll need to
build in all  modules in the "webapp" configuration to  be able to
deploy the  several WAR  files that are  required for  my project.
But during development  I'll need custom Eclipse  tools, then I'll
call the buildlist with the "eclipse" configuration for example.

Of course  I could build  everytime everything, but being  able to
specify a configuration would be more flexible.

All the best,
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana   Qwerty