ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Eugene Goldfarb <eugene.goldf...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Working parallel on different modules without building and pu blishing jar files
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 07:27:53 GMT
Hello, Alex, Xavier!
I'm the one who developed that patch to IvyDE, it's nice to hear about it in this mailing
list.

I think I still have the original patch, or something close to it, which I can send to Alex
directly if you want to play around (there are extensive comments with
examples in the custom resolver I built), but the source code will need
to be migrated to org.apache.*

I had some problems using my solution; one of them, as Xavier pointed out, was the requirement
to make changes to the resolve chain in ivyconf file.  Another issue was that I was getting
deadlocking threads during eclipse start-up when opening a complex multi-project workspace,
which I think has to do with how IvyDE runs (or doesn't properly run) its resolves in background
threads.  Also, I was getting too smart and trying to automatically re-resolve when projects
were opened/closed.

I hope to get back to it soon and make it work right, I wanted to use the Eclipse PDE as an
inspiration since they have a similar approach to linking existing plug-in projects in the
classpath containers.  I also may look at maven since there is some development going on for
their eclipse plugin to do the same thing.

All the best,
- Eugene

Eugene Goldfarb (eugene.goldfarb@yahoo.com)

All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental.
                        Kurt Vonnegut - "Timequake"

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index