ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Ivy configuration problem
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 08:08:31 GMT
If I summarize your problem:
- You have a module A, depending on a module X without specifying the
configuration
- Your module X has multiple configurations with multiple jars
- You want the resolution of A to only include some configuration of X
without add the configuration to every dependency.

I think that to achieve that, you will have to change the ivy.xml of A.

Into your dependencies tag of the ivy.xml, you can specify a
defaultconfmapping that map '*->TheConfsThatYouWantToAlwaysUse'.

But make sure you under stand the doc :
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/doc/ivyfile/dependency.html
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/doc/ivyfile/configurations.html
to understand the impact of that.

Alternatively, you could also change what the module X publish.  Maybe you
don't need to publish the test artefacts (declaring the test conf as private
would do that).

I hope I helped.

Gilles