ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: <ivy:buildlist> with specific configurations
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:17:14 GMT
I think the reasons for which it is not there (yet) is that :
- When we publish, we have to publish all configuration.  So all
configuration should be build in the right order.
- Also, having one dependency graph in one conf and an other one in a second
conf that creates a circular dependency when you take the 2 conf is a source
of problem.

Now it is true that the temptation might be big.  An example that I already
met is a module A using a module B, but in the test of B, I would like to
use classes of A.  In such a case, I have compile dependency from A to B,
and test dependency for B to A.  The problem with such approach is that you
are always forced to build A and B together.

Could you explain your scenario where you require a conf in buildlist?  I'm
curious.

Gilles