ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "John Williams" <...@pobox.com>
Subject Build promotion?
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:40:52 GMT
I read about to idea of build promotion at
<http://www.jaya.free.fr/ivy/doc/bestpractices.html>, but I can't find
any documentation on how to actually do it.  Is the best way just to
manually edit an Ivy file in the repository to change the status
declaration?  That sounds easy enough, but the presence of the
checksum files in the repository makes me think that editing the ivy
files after the fact is frowned upon.

Alternatively, does anyone have experiences to share with "snapshot"
revisions?  My understanding is that every snapshot revision should
eventually be replaced by a non-snapshot revision that is identical to
the last snapshot, but then what happens to the snapshot revision?
Does it just get deleted?  Or do you keep two identical revisions with
different numbers?

--jw