ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Cecile <rubyco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (ivy 1.4) Problem using version ranges
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 04:58:28 GMT
Xavier,

2007/1/12, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com>:
> at all with these characters. The solution is to set the property "
> ivy.default.always.check.exact.revision" to false, then Ivy will avoid
> testing what you ask as an exact revision first, and hopefully it will fix
> your problem.

By setting the property above, I now get a different error:

[ivy:retrieve]  local.tomcat: no ivy file nor artifact found for [
ops4j | org.ops4j.pax.wicket | [0.3,1.0] ]
[ivy:retrieve]  tried
http://localhost:8084/artifacts/ivy-repo/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.wicket/ivys/ivy-[0.3,1.0].xml
[ivy:retrieve]  tried
http://localhost:8084/artifacts/ivy-repo/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.wicket/ivys/ivy-[[0.3,1.0]].xml
[ivy:retrieve]  tried
http://localhost:8084/artifacts/ivy-repo/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.wicket/jars/service-[0.3,1.0].jar
[ivy:retrieve] WARN:    module not found: [ ops4j |
org.ops4j.pax.wicket | [0.3,1.0] ]

I'm expecting that it will try the following jar files in succession:

e.g.

http://.../service-0.3.jar
http://.../service-0.4.jar
...etc..
http://.../service-1.0.jar

Do I have the right understanding of revision ranges ?

Thanks.