ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Stephen.Dav...@ipaustralia.gov.au
Subject Re: Problem extending ivy tasks due to classloader usage.
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2007 22:30:12 GMT
Hi Eran,
if you are working with Ant 1.6.1 (or higher) have you considered using
the Ant plug-in mechanism?

e.g. <project xmlns:ivy="antlib:fr.jayasoft.ivy.ant"
xmlns:yourLib="antlib:..." >

Regards,
Stephen

"Eran Bartenstein" <ebarten1401@hotmail.com>
29/01/2007 09:20 AM
Please respond to
ivy-user@incubator.apache.org

ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
Problem extending ivy tasks due to classloader usage.

Hi,

I have written my own task. My task extends the cachepath task.
However, it seems that I can not find a way to use it.
The problem is that Ivy tasks are loaded into ant classloader prior to my
taskdef decleration.
The reason it is done that way, is since I want to keep the ivy bundle
intact rather than repack it.
Also I do not want to pack all ivy jars with my project.

Thus, when trying to use my task (which requires ivy in the classapth) -
if
I specify ivy jar in the taskdef classpath I get a classcast exeption (due

to different classloaders). When ommiting it - ivy jar is obviously
missing
in my classpath.

Is there a way to hang one classloader under the ivy one ?
Is there another way to extend ivy tasks from my code ?

BTW - the task enables cachepath filtering for dependencies, dependending
on
a set of specified extra attrbiutes.

Thanks,
           Eran B.