ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Eran Bartenstein" <ebarten1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem extending ivy tasks due to classloader usage.
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2007 09:09:36 GMT
Hi,

I have written my own task. My task extends the cachepath task.
However, it seems that I can not find a way to use it.
The problem is that Ivy tasks are loaded into ant classloader prior to my
taskdef decleration.
The reason it is done that way, is since I want to keep the ivy bundle
intact rather than repack it.
Also I do not want to pack all ivy jars with my project.

Thus, when trying to use my task (which requires ivy in the classapth) - if
I specify ivy jar in the taskdef classpath I get a classcast exeption (due
to different classloaders). When ommiting it - ivy jar is obviously missing
in my classpath.

Is there a way to hang one classloader under the ivy one ?
Is there another way to extend ivy tasks from my code ?

BTW - the task enables cachepath filtering for dependencies, dependending on
a set of specified extra attrbiutes.

Thanks,
           Eran B.