ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Ivy talk at ApacheCon Europe 2007?
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 06:16:50 GMT
>I plan to make a proposal for a talk on Ivy at ApacheCon Europe 07.

Oh, cool. I should think about my decision not to come to Amsterdam ....

>I'm still wondering what kind of talk could be the
>most interesting. IMHO an introduction for Ivy newbie or even
>for people who never heard about Ivy would be the most
>interesting, since Ivy is not of widespread use for the
>moment. What do you think? Do you see any particular things
>that would really be interesting to talk about? Do you have
>any suggestion?

I think an introduction is very good.
Maybe with a complete build scenario with Ant (from my sources and
my dependency information to a release).
How to get Ivy; how to install Ivy; how to use Ivy

Another topic would be IvyDE, IvyTools ...

Comparison between Ivy and other dependency management tools (M2).

Ivy and Continous Build / Continous Integration. Ivy in combination with
Gump.

Just a few ideas from a guy who hasnt spent any time on Ivy yet ....
(sorry for that ;-)

Jan